Because He Lives
by Jeanne Gowen Dennis
As we celebrate the Resurrection of Christ, it is heartening to recall why this monumental historical event gives us a sure hope. Here are a few reasons I’ve been thinking about:
- Through the death of Jesus—God in the flesh—sinners can be reconciled to God (Rom. 5:10).
- Salvation is a free gift from God, available to all who will call on Jesus’ name (Eph. 2:8–9, Acts 2:21).
- Because Jesus lives, death no longer has a hold on those who know Him through salvation. To live is Christ; to die is gain (Phil. 1:21).
- When we are absent from the body, we will be instantly present with the Lord (2 Cor. 5:6–8).
- I lost my youngest sister a few weeks ago after a long battle with cancer. Because Jesus lives and we both know Him personally as Lord and Savior, I will see her again.
- There is no greater joy than knowing Jesus and living for Him (from my experience and that of so many others).
I wrote a song called “So Many Goodbyes” that talks about the hope we have in Jesus, even when we have to say goodbye to loved ones. You can hear a sample and purchase the song at my cdbaby store.
May the Lord God of heaven grant you His hope, peace, love, and joy during this most joyous of seasons.